"This is the Life for Me" was inspired by a song that really explains where I am and what's taken place over the last several months. I was in the car with my mom, listening to her new Francesca Battistelli CD, and "I'm Letting Go" came on. I really felt that this song captured exactly what I had been experiencing. After researching the song a bit, I found that Francesca wrote it after moving to Nashville and leaving everything she knew and loved behind. Let me explain the similiarities...
The year 2010 was quite a whirlwind, and by the end of it I had an amazing husband, loved my job, and loved living in Austin with my little sister and my Pa-Paw right down the road. When 2011 came around I was ready to slow down and enjoy where I was in life. If you asked me in January, I would have said we'd be in Austin for at least five years.
I was wrong. In June I found myself packing up our first apartment and shopping for houses in Corpus, a city that I knew nothing about that is two hours away from anyone I know. I think it's funny how right when I think I have a plan for my life, God steps in and gently reminds me that He is is control, not me. And I'm so glad he is!
Life in Corpus has been great! Brandon has been working really hard at his new job, and I couldn't be happier for him. Seeing him excited about his work and career is such a good feeling! I have enjoyed setting up our new home, and helping Princess (our miniature dotson) get adjusted to her new life also. We are all so happy, and after two months I've decided that "This is the Life for Me."
![]() |
| Brandon and I at the Corpus Christi Bay on our first night here. I still can't believe we live so close to the water! |


Loved it! Keep writing!
ReplyDeleteI know the feeling! I told Randy the other day that if you'd told me a year and a half ago that we would be living in Cuero, Texas and expecting our first child, I would have said you were totally insane. Haha! Shows what I know!
ReplyDelete