Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"What the heck am I doing here??"

This week I'm feeling frustrated. It's been almost three months since we've moved, and I'm starting to get antsy. Ever since I can remember I have been involved in numerous activities at one time. In high school it was school, work, cheer (high school and competative), UIL, and just about every club offered at YHS. When I moved to Austin I was attending THE University of Texas (Hook 'Em!!), working, babysitting, and volunteering in as many places as I could. After graduation I was doing my Child Life internship and planning our wedding, and after the wedding I was learning how to be a wife and getting used to the working world all at once. (I don't even know how I had time to breathe during all of that!) And now my days consist of playing with Princess, watching TV, reading, running, and housework. That's it.

I think the frustration is coming from several places. I strongly believe that God has a plan for each of us, and that He uses us and works through us every day. When we (Brandon and I) decided  to start this new adventure, I realized that God was finished with me in Austin. I had done so much growing and learning, worked with so many inspiring children and families, and been there for my little sister's first year of college. And now it was time for me to move on and for God to use me somewhere else. Well, I found the 'somewhere else', but I'm still not sure why I'm here. And don't tell God, but I'm becoming impatient.

It is also hard to go from doing such rewarding and inspiring work to being a housewife. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for women who stay at home. My mom stayed at home when we were little, and she worked so hard to make sure the house was clean, the laundry was done, and that we got to dance class on time. But right now it's just me and Princess at home, and she doesn't require much. I'm just not sure how meaningful my days are, and if anyone is even affected by them.

I know when my dad reads this he will call me and say, "Emily, God will reveal His plan when HE is ready. Not when YOU are ready." And I know, Dad. It's just so hard to wait. So like I told a friend earlier, I guess I'll just keep praying, cooking, and playing with Princess until I know what my purpose in Corpus is.

2 comments:

  1. Emily, I know exactly what your going through and understand completely having been there myself. I told your mom when you are ready to be super busy to get in touch with me...or even better yet click my follow picture and go to my blog, and I will put you to work....in fact you may be sorry you were ever bored! Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support, Christine! I will definitely check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!