Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Home Depot, Here I come!

We've been in our house for about 3 months now, and I'm ready to make changes. When we moved everything happened very quickly, and there wasn't anything that HAD to be done to the house. So we just moved our things from the UHAUL to the appropriate rooms, and we were done.  Our house was only a few years old, and had brand new carpet and fresh paint (tan walls throughout). When we moved in, everyone told me not to change anything. I remember hearing "One day it will need it, but right now you should leave it the way it is."

Well I listened and left the house exactly as it was. Like I said, there is nothing wrong with it. It just doesn't feel like it's OUR house. It feels like a house with our stuff in it. And if you know me, you know that that just isn't good enough. I've always loved interior decorating. Even when I was little I would spend hours rearranging the stuffed animals in my room until they looked just right, and each room that I lived in during college was completely decorated before I went to bed on move-in night. That's just how I am. I need my environment to feel warm, cozy, and inviting. And I just haven't mastered that in this house.

Don't misunderstand me. I love our house! And I'm so thankful we were able to buy it. I just want to personalize it a little. My ideas include new paint colors and a few DIY projects. Check back for updates and before/after pics!

Our First Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!