Yesterday I went with my friend, Courtney, to take her bridal protraits.
It was an absolutely perfect day.
Let me rewind a bit:
I met Courtney on May 31, 1988. The day she was born.
I was six months old, my mom went to visit her mom in the hospital,
and that was the start of our life-long friendship.
Now fast forward to yesterday:
Courtney looked absolutely beautiful!
The instant the photographer put her in the first pose, it hit me.
All the sleepovers and tea parties.
All the times we played school and house.
The baby dolls and barbies, braces and boyfriends.
All the memories came flooding back.
But I kept going.
Fluffing the train on her dress,
making sure every curl of her hair was in just the right place.
The whole time, fighting back the tears behind my sunglasses.
Tears of happiness.
This day was perfect.
This day was one day closer to the day Courtney will marry Kyle.
And I could not be happier for her!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!