My mom made this for my dad and I when I was staying with them, and I knew I had to make it for B as soon as he got home. He loved it! It's a quick, easy recipe that has easily become one of my favorites.
Mom's Cornbread Casserole
1. Start with a box of Firenza cornbread mix.
2. Mix the ingredients according to the recipe on the box, and add a little sprinkle cheese.
{Yes, my family calls grated/shredded cheese "sprinkle cheese". You "sprinkle" it, get it?}
4. Brown 1 lb. of ground meat on the stove.
5. Add frozen corn {as much as you'd like}, salt and pepper.
6. Pour meat and corn into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
7. Cover meat and corn with cornbread mixture.
8. Add more sprinkle cheese on top.
9. Bake according to cornbread recipe.
10. Enjoy!
Like I said, this is extremely good! When my mom made it, she made a delicious salad to go with it. I don't make as good of a salad as my mom, so I've been enjoying it with a sliced avocado. Yum!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!