Thursday, July 12, 2012

Making the Best of it...

This post is a redo.
A redo of a very depressing, poor-pitiful-me post.

~~

Last Friday I sat down to write.
I felt like I had a lot of things to get off my chest.
I needed to vent.
After pouring a lot negative feelings and emotions onto the page screen,
my post was finished, and I was about to click 'publish'.

But something didn't feel right.
We were leaving to go eat dinner, and I told B I wanted him to read it when we got back.

He never read it.

Not because he didn't want to,
but because I never needed him to.

~~

We went to eat Friday night at Waterstreet, a restaurant we've wanted to try for the past year.
We walked in, and there was a wait.
We ordered drinks at the bar, scoped out what the people around us were eating,
and glanced over the menu.

After about fifteen or twenty minutes our buzzer-thing buzzed.
We walked up to the hostess, and she pointed to a small table.

"Will that work for you guys?"

The table was awkwardly placed next to a brick column in the middle of the room, but we were hungry.

"Um, sure!"

As soon as we were seated, we realized we were within inches of another table of two.
{It would have been less awkward if we would've pushed the two tables together and ate with complete strangers.}

We laughed and considered asking for another table, but we didn't.
We made the best of it.

And that's what I'm going to do, too.

~~

No, my life isn't perfect right now.
But whose is??

I'm just looking forward to the day I can look back on all of this and know how it turns out.

Something like this would be so helpful right about now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!