Tuesday, August 14, 2012

10 Day YOU Challenge: Week 1

I was so excited when Tiffany announced this link-up!
I can't wait to get to know other bloggers and meet new blog friends :)
Come back for the next 10 Tuesdays to learn more about me!


Ten Secrets
Shhh...Don't tell!

1. I am not-so-secretly obsessed with Scotty McCreery.
I get full body chills every time he sings.
I guess you never forget your first American Idol love.

{via}
2. I want to have kids, but I'm also scared to be a mom.

3. I still sleep with my 'little pillow' that I've had ever since I can remember.
I like to have something to hold when I sleep, and it's the perfect size.
No judging! 

4. I feel really self-conscious when I dance in public.
I probably won't unless I've had a drink or two.

5. Last summer I killed our entire backyard with weed killer.
Turns out you're not suppsed to use weed killer when it's 100+ degrees outside.

6. I want to find a new hair stylist who isn't two hours away,
but when I think about going to someone new I get very nervous.

7.  I shave my legs every night, and I can't sleep until I do.
I've tried to go to sleep without shaving,
but I end up getting in the tub at 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning because I can't stand it.

8. I will always have a special place in my heart for Vince Young.
But I never want to meet him, because I'm scared he won't be nice and I'll be disappointed.
And yes, I love Colt McCoy, too.
But the night VY won the national championship was a very special night for my family.
My dad had been very sick and in ICU for several days.
And call me crazy but when VY made that final touchdown,
I somehow knew that everything {my dad} was going to be okay.

1 // 2 // 3
 9. I wish I kept in better touch with my friends.
This is probably what I dislike most about myself.
I hate that I don't stay in touch with people like I should.

10. I am guilty of watching every episode of 'The Bold and the Beautiful'
and every one of the Kardashians' shows. 


What are your secrets?

8 comments:

  1. Seriously.....we're so alike!
    -I loved Scotty too! He is so amazing and I was so excited when he won AI.
    -I feel the same way about kids--I'm terrified that I'm not going to raise them the right way and they are going to turn out horrible
    -I'm equally self conscious about dancing in public until I've had a drink or five...
    -I've gone to the same hair lady for the past 15 yrs (and I would get my hair cut every 8 weeks)...and I make sure to see her EVERY time I go back to KS. She made me PROMISE to try and find someone out in AZ after our last haircut
    -You know I'm a huge KU fan...but I also love VY and of course Colt McCoy! Maybe not as much as you, but I'll always cheer for the Big 12--especially when they end up playing in such big games

    Thanks so much for sharing your secrets and for linking up friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on the link up!! I am a self conscious dancer too! BUT drinks help and I am finally to the point of I don't care!!!
    I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - Scotty is a hottie! I loved listening to him sing when he was on American Idle, his voice got me every time.
    Being a mom is hard, but it is so rewarding. I was so nervous when I found out I was pregnant, because I was in no way possible ready to have kids and it scared the heck out of me. But, they are so fun and so worth it. The mothering instinct truly does kick in.
    I am so with you on #9, so many friends of mine have drifted away and I hate it.
    I love the Kardashians haha!
    Great secrets :D Love your blog!
    Stopping by from the 10 Day You Challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. i get anxious dancing in public too!! i am pretty sure i am just plain awful at it :)

    i have the same hairdresser for the past 12 years, i love her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Scotty as well! His voice is amazing!! And I am also a big fan of Colt McCoy! I also need a hairstylist (mine is four hours away) and I did the opposite of you and used all the weed killer right before it rained. Turns out its not like fertilizer and doesn't need rain. haha oops/ live and learn!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Number 9 is a good one...I just started college last year and I feel like I'm really not doing everything I could to keep in touch with friends from high school. It's just so hard to consistently talk to people you don't see everyday!
    And I watch the Bold and the Beautiful every chance I get! In fact, I even got mad when school started because it got in the way of my tv watching...is that too far?
    Your blog is so cute and I'm thrilled to be your newest follower and would love it if you could return the follow if you get the chance and wish to :)
    Best,
    Sapir @ coffeebooksandairplanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am scared to dance in public and have no rhythm so I avoid it at all costs. Stopping by after seeing you on the Challenge via Austin Family. Started following your GFC. www.onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi there!! newest follower to your blog!! so happy i stumbled over here :) cant wait to read more from ya! i also loooove scotty mccreery.. he is toooo cute.
    xox
    ellen
    thishive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!