PawPaw had been sick for several months, and had gotten worse over the past few weeks. We spent the day visiting with family, watching the Olympics together, and enjoying PawPaw's chocolate chip birthday cookie.
Although PawPaw was not able to interact with us on that day, I just knew he could feel us.
I knew he could feel our laughter as we sat in his room, watching Ryan's theatre performances on video.
I knew he could feel the love in our voices as we held his hands and told him goodbye.
~~~
Four days later we drove to Yoakum for PawPaw's funeral.
~~~
The past week was a very sad one for all of us. But on Friday evening I couldn't help but think about how happy PawPaw must have been. I knew he was sitting in heaven with MeMaw, watching over us as we laughed and planned our family fantasy football league. I knew that we were doing exactly what he would have wanted us to be doing, making memories.
~~~
We will miss you, PawPaw!
![]() |


So sorry for your loss friend :(
ReplyDeleteLosing a loved one stinks so bad - I'm sure your husband was thankful to have you by his side...spouses always help by simply just being there at rough times like that! sorry for the loss :(
ReplyDelete