Dear Grandpa,
It's been almost three months since you died. Man, time goes by fast! It's still hard for me to believe that you're gone. There have been a few times that I've wanted to ask Dad, "How's Grandpa?", and I usually catch myself right before I say it.
We all miss you a lot. I know Dad misses going to visit you in Katy. He used to plan his visits just right, so that you two could get the most out of your day. Michelle misses all the silly talks that you guys had about politics, the Longhorns, and skinny dipping. I'm not sure that either one of you ever knew what you were talking about, but ya'll sure did laugh a lot! I know Mom would love it if she could make you homemade ice cream again. You'd probably love that, too! And there's a lot that I miss...
I miss our ice cream dates at Dairy Treat after you'd pick me up from school.
I miss watching you play board games with Michelle and how you'd always let her win.
I miss listening to you tell stories about how life was "back when we were kids".
I miss your voice, your laugh, your coveralls and baseball caps.
I miss your sweet hugs and how you'd say "Now, you be a sweet girl" every time we said goodbye.
You don't have to worry, Grandpa. We'll always be your sweet girls.
Everyone down here is doing great! Mom and Dad are both very busy at work. They went to Austin last weekend to help Michelle get settled in her new house. You'd be so proud of Michelle! Today is the first day of her junior year at The University of Texas. She loves the Longhorns just like you! Brandon is working very hard at his job, and I am going to substitute again this year.
I miss you so much, Grandpa, but I know that you are dancing around heaven with Grandma.
Love,
Your sweet girl
P.S. - I planted my first garden, and after taking care of it for about a week I realized I may be more like you than I thought.

This is so sweet. I lost my Opa 7 years ago. I stil miss him as much as I did the first day. But like I always say he was way too good for this world. I have comfort knowing he's walking with God :) thanks so much for sharing this!
ReplyDeleteAww this was so sweet :)--sounds like your Grandpa was one of the best! Thanks for sharing your letter friend.
ReplyDelete