![]() |
| {via} |
I have a confession to make.
I have been dreading this week's challenge.
You see, I have always struggled with asking people for things.
{Although, I don't have a problem asking B for anything. Hmm..That's funny...}
I feel guilty asking people to buy me stuff.
I have no trouble making a birthday or Christmas list in my head.
Actually, I have quite a long list in my head, but when it comes down to telling someone,
actually handing that list over,
I can't do it.
So the thought of making a list of seven wants and sharing it with the rest of the blog world...
It scares me.
I've been working on it for several weeks, and I have at least seven wants.
But when I go back and re-read my list I start thinking,
"Oh I don't really need that,"
"I can live without that,"
"Wow, how can I say I want ______
when there's people in the world who don't even have _____?"
See? I drive myself crazy!
I don't want to be like this.
I know that it's perfectly okay to want something,
and to admit it.
So I'm going to take this week's challenge.
I'm going to become completely vulnerable and put myself put there.
I think it will be good for me.
Seven Wants
1. I'd love a cute cross body purse.
{I have in my head what I want, but I haven't found it yet.}
2. I want a new yoga mat.
{Mine was $12 at Ross, and my hands and feet slip.
And I'm getting a lot better at yoga, so I feel like I've earned one.}
3. One day when I have kids I want a DSLR camera,
{I do know that this also requires talent, which I'm going to work on.}
4. I'd also like Adobe Photoshop to help with #3.
5. I like the idea of having a nice watch,
but I don't wear one regularly, so I'm not sure if that would be a smart choice.
6. I want my garden to hurry up and make tomatoes.
7. I want {and will soon need} new running shoes.
Whew! I did it.
Those are my seven wants.
I think it will be fun to look back one day and see what my wants/interests were at this point in my life!
I have learned so much about myself throughout this process.
And thanks for reading, friends!


Whew! That was a good one :) Thanks for putting yourself out there--I am with ya on the DSLR camera and the watch.
ReplyDeleteI'm not good at coming up with wants either. I'd rather give to others than ask for things. My husband and I recently got a "fancy" camera as I like to call it. We're still trying to figure out how to work it.
ReplyDeleteI am with you on the camera and I am definitely in need of the new shoes! Ha that beginning was funny since this was my easiest one so far!
ReplyDeleteI hardly ever ask for anything. I feel exactly the same way you do. However, I had fun making my list. I want a cross body bag too!
ReplyDelete