Thursday, September 13, 2012

Gardening Lesson #2

The day after I planted my garden I went grocery shopping. As I walked through the produce I grabbed a few tomatoes and thought, "Oh, I bet these will be the last ones I buy this year!"

Silly me.

I called my dad after a week or so of watering, fertilizing, and watching my tomato plants grow.

"How much longer until I have tomatoes to eat?"

"Oh, it's going to be a while. Probably around twelve weeks."

"Twelve weeks?! That's like three months!"

I was shocked.


{After two weeks in the ground}




I guess I'll be going back to the store for more tomatoes.

3 comments:

  1. Lol I love Princess mosey-ing along through the garden. Hope you don't have to wait 12 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering about planting my own tomatoes here in Florida. It's probably now too late in the season right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. next year i will be planting a garden, i want fresh veggies and geesh 12 weeks ok i better start planting my garden early next year

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!