If anyone knows how to plan a party, it's my sister. Every year since she was three years old Michelle has spent at least two months planning her birthday party. This year was no different. We've been talking about it for several months, and I think I was looking forward to it just as much as she was.
Since she still had a few friends who weren't twenty-one Michelle wanted something that everyone could enjoy. She had several things planned throughout the weekend, and her friends came to whatever worked for them. And of course I wasn't going to miss anything.
Friday evening a few of us met for dinner at Cheesecake Factory, one of Michelle's favorites, and afterwards we went to see Pitch Perfect. It was such a cute movie! We finished off the night with delicious birthday cake {that I showed you on Saturday}.
| {Me, Court, Shell, Amber} |
On Saturday morning Alayna and Lindsey got to Austin. We had a pizza picnic on Mt. Bonnell, and the amazing view plus the gorgeous fall weather made it a perfect afternoon.
| {Me, Linds, Alayna, Shell} |
We did a little birthday shopping at The Domain and then went to Painting with a Twist.
After Kayla and Gayla made it to Austin we all got dressed and ready for the night. We ate and watched the Texas game at Santa Rita...
...And then we went back to Michelle's house before heading to Sixth Street.
![]() |
| {Me, Gayla, Alayna, Shell, Kayla, Amber} |
We called for a cab to pick us up, but it never showed, so I drove us down there. I had told Michelle all along that I would drive, but she was so worried that if I had to drive I wouldn't have fun. I promised her that I would still have a good time. And I did. We all did!
The entire night was absolutely hilarious. It started at the first bar when the bartender gave Michelle her first free drink of the night, and she looked at Amber and said, "Do I pay for my drink now? Can I take it downstairs??" Maybe you had to be there.. But Amber and I busted out laughing.
The rest of the night was filled with laughter, singing, dancing, and more free drinks for the birthday girl. By the end of the night we had all laughed so hard our stomachs hurt. We walked back to the car and drove home, but not before snapping a picture in front of the capital.
After I parallel parked my mom's Tahoe in front of the capital {I took her car so no one else would have to drive} we realized that since it was 2:00am there weren't too many people walking around who could take the picture for us. But don't you worry! Amber hopped out of the car, took off her heels, and ran as far as she had to to find someone. She was gone for several minutes, and right when we started to worry that she had fallen down {because it took her that long} we spotted her in the distance running towards us with two nice-looking people to take our picture. They {the two people} seemed kind of annoyed that we asked them to do this. I guess maybe I would, too, at 2:00am.
{Dad, I know you're feeling so worried as you read this. Please trust that we were a very responsible group, and that we would not have put ourselves in a dangerous situation. There were plenty of people driving by, and we were in a well lit, highly secure area: the capital.}
Where was I? Oh, yes... I handed off the camera, we all moved close together, and Michelle slid down into a split. Like a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader split. We laughed so hard! Michelle smiled and said, "My right leg is my best leg!"
After laughing historically we thanked the nice-looking people, got in the car, and drove home.
Once we all made it inside we continued to laugh and relive our favorite moments of the night while we snacked on puffy Cheetos and sausage rolls.
I'd say the entire weekend was a success, and I'm so glad Michelle asked me to be a part of it! I can't wait to tell her future kids how their mommy did a split at the capital! {wink}
Michelle, what is it with you and capitals???




Aww sounds like you guys had a great time! Sigh...to be 21 again! That was such a fun birthday :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you girls had a blast! Love all the pix!
ReplyDelete