Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday's Letters

{Life Lately via Instagram}

Dear Friday, Why do you always take so long to come around?? I look forward to you all week! Dear work schedule, I do not like you. At all. I remember telling everyone when I accepted you, "If Brandon was working a regular eight-to-five job, I probably wouldn't have liked this schedule." Wellll, Brandon is now working eight-to-five a lot more often which means we hardly even get to see each other. Thanks to you {work schedule} our only face-to-face conversations are when he surprises me and brings me Chick-fil-A to work. {Insert pouting face here.} Dear B, If you want to bring me Chick-fil-A to work every single night that's okay with me. Dear absolutely perfect weather, I love you! Princess and I have really enjoyed spending our mornings outside on the swing, and you have made my runs this week so enjoyable. I know we live in Texas, so there's a good chance it will be cold and rainy next week, but you are more than welcome to stay as long as you like! Dear C25k, Thanks for coming back into my life. I took a month long break from running, and you are just what I need to get myself moving again! Dear old DCMC friends {you know who you are}, Thank you for the encouraging phone calls and emails. Your support means more than you know. Dear Princess, It seems like you're getting used to our family's new schedule. I'm glad we found a cozy place where you like to hang out while we're at work. I think you're starting to like it in there! Dear Brandon, P says thanks for letting her hang out in your closet. Dear Shell, I miss you. We had so much fun together during the fall, and I got spoiled seeing you every other weekend. Oh yeah, I heard that Vince is back on campus. If you ever see him try that "accidentally-run-into-someone-and-drop-all-your-books" trick we used to talk about. Then call me right away and hand him the phone. I want to tell him about INVINCIBLE. Dear B, Thank you for being so supportive. I know I complain a lot about our schedules, and I really appreciate you listening and reminding me that this is only temporary. I think we've gotten into a good routine, though. I cook lunch and leave dinner for you, and you clean up the mess if I don't have time. Thanks for your help. I couldn't do any of this without you. Dear readers, Thanks for being here. I know I've said that I blog for me, which I do, but knowing there's a few people actually reading what I write helps me feel like my voice has been heard. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. MMM I love Chick-Fil-A! And I love your blog- so clean and cute looking :-) I can't wait to read more :-)


    Chelsea
    www.mypinkscribbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!