Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Looking Back {on 2012} Part II

May
I loved the month of May. We had something fun to look forward to every weekend. I ran in my first 5k race, which I had been working towards for months. We had a fun weekend in Dallas, a weekend with Jenny and Eric in Austin, and I spent a weekend with some of my best girlfriends in Port Aransas for Courtney's bachelorette party.


Needless to say I did a lot of driving, which gave me plenty of time to think. About marriage, friendship, and Facebook.


June
The month of June felt like a roller coaster. Of emotions. We went from Jace and Laura's wedding to Grandpa's funeral, then from Courtney and Kyle's wedding to my old gym coach's funeral, and at the end of the month Brandon came home from Dallas. Finally. {I'm emotionally exhausted just thinking about it.}


I experienced every emotion possible within a matter of weeks, but through it all I learned that life goes on. In between Grandpa's death and the tragedy that took Coach Larry's life I witnessed two of our best friends marry the people they loved, the people that God had created just for them. Although I experienced life's deepest pain and sorrow, I also experienced joy.


July
July was our first month back home, and we did our best to catch up on all the fun summer activities Corpus had to offer. It felt weird, though, living in our house again. In order for each of us to get through Brandon's training in Dallas we had both gotten into our own routines. We had figured out how to live apart from each other, and when we got back to Corpus we had to figure out how to live together again. It was a an adjustment, but it didn't take long for our house to feel like home again. 

On the 4th of July my family spent the day at Camp Aranzazu with Michelle. We loved being campers for a day, and we'll always remember our first rock climbing experience!


While July was filled with fun memories, being back in Corpus brought back feelings of uncertainty. I wasn't sure where Brandon's job was taking us {location wise}, and I continued to wonder what that meant for me. I continued to search for my purpose in life, and I was thankful for my family who comforted me along the way.

I wrote a letter to myself that ended up being my favorite. It was amazing to look back on a time in my life when my future seemed unclear and be able to see how everything fell into place so perfectly. It made me realize that one day I would look back on everything we had gone through this year, and it would all make sense.


August
Life felt normal again. We were settled back into our house and life seemed to be flowing smoothly. We did a lot of grilling, and we really enjoyed being at home. After a lot of planning and preparation I finally planted my first garden, which consisted of three tomato plants. It was definitely a learning experience!


We experienced another loss this month when Brandon's PawPaw died. It was a tough week for all of us, but it ended with the formation of The Pivo League, which is something we'll all remember!

I also wrote a letter to Grandpa, and I shared my ten secrets and nine loves. My readers learned a lot about me in the month of August!



Stay tuned for part three...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!