Monday, February 4, 2013

Friendship, and Weekends Like This

This is the third opening line I've typed for this post.
I just can't seem to get it right. 

I want to tell you about our weekend,
the weekend that Kayla and Riley came to visit.
I want you to know how much we truly enjoyed it.

First I want to tell you our history and everything that brought us together.
I want to tell you about our life long friendship
and what role each of us played in helping one another find true love.

I want to share with you all of our memories,
memories of proms, graduations, twenty-first birthdays, and weddings.

Mostly, I want you to know just how special this friendship really is.

And then maybe you'll understand why this weekend meant so much.
Maybe you'll understand why it felt so good to pick up where we left off
and continue our heartfelt conversations.

Maybe you'll see that a weekend of dinner, bowling,
breakfast tacos and Pitch Perfect can actually be good for your soul.

If you're like me you'll realize
that this kind of friendship only happens once-in-a-lifetime,
and you'll vow to yourself to make weekends like this happen a lot more often.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!