I apologize for being MIA lately. Like I said a few weeks ago, I've had a lot on my mind. I've been stressed, frustrated, and anxiously waiting for God to reveal himself in certain areas of my life. I know He's there, and I know He's heard my prayers. I'm just not sure what His plan is.
After several weeks of focusing on what I wish was different, the things I'm desperately trying to change, I'm choosing today to think about all the good things in my life. It's time to refocus and change my perspective.
Today I'm thankful for my job and that I have the opportunity to work.
I'm thankful for Brandon's job and the fact that I don't have to be the breadwinner.
I'm thankful for my parents, their constant love, guidance and support.
I'm thankful for my sister, someone who knows me like no one else ever will.
I'm thankful for Brandon. I'm thankful for his patience with me and his desire to make me happy.
I'm thankful for Princess and how she keeps me company when Brandon is away.
I'm thankful for our home.
I'm thankful for the yummy bacon and eggs I ate for breakfast.
I'm thankful for my education, something that can never be taken away from me.
Today I'm thankful for my friends, the people who have shared in every joy and every heartache.
I'm thankful for my faith and for my relationship with God.
I'm thankful for my good health and the health of my family and friends.
I'm thankful for my PaPaw and that we will be celebrating his ninety-first birthday.
I'm thankful for K-LOVE radio and how they know just what I need to hear.
I'm thankful that Jesus died on the cross to save us from sin.
I'm thankful that I will be celebrating Easter at home, surrounded by those I love.
Lastly, I'm thankful for love, laughter, and a sense of hope.
Hope that gives me the strength I need day after day.

This is beautiful. This was exactly what I needed to read today to remind myself that everything is okay.
ReplyDeleteAww love this friend. It's so nice to actually sit back and realize how lucky we really are and how much we have to be thankful for everyday.
ReplyDeletegreat post. i think this is something we all need to do...i know i definitely don't do it as much as i should. God is good!
ReplyDeletehope you have a wonderful Easter weekend with your family!
Loved this post.
ReplyDeleteWe all need to step back and refocus sometimes. I definitely needed this!