Thursday, May 9, 2013

A moment in my day


This is a moment I never want to forget. 

At the end of each night in the ER I come back up to the child life office, sit at down at my desk, and this is my view. No matter what time it is, or how late I've stayed, I always take a moment to just sit. I take a few deep breathes and try to think of all the positive moments in my day. If it's been a tough day, one of those days, that's when these items come into play. *My list of goals *A note from a co-worker that says "you're amazing!" *Photos that remind me I'm part of a team *Artwork created for me by patients *A thank you note from a sweet group of nursing students. They're simple things, really, but they mean so much to me. These are the things things that inspire me. 

I'm so glad I captured this moment, so that I can remember it for years to come. 


3 comments:

  1. i can only imagine that you need to sit for a while after being in the ER. Simple things carry so much meaning for sure! you went to UT?
    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great place to come back to at the end of the day...especially if it's been one of THOSE days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!