Before I went to the grocery store on Monday, I flipped through a few cook books trying to find something new and yummy to make this week. I found this roast recipe in a Crock Pot cook book that Brandon's Aunt Lavonne gave us at one of our wedding showers. She gave us the Crock Pot, too. Thanks, Lavonne!!
So after getting home with all the ingredients, the plan was to eat the roast on Thursday night. I had skimmed the recipe to see how long it was supposed to cook, but I didn't read it too closely. I woke up Thursday morning, and was excited to get the roast cooking! As I gathered the ingredients I read the first step: "Marinate roast and first two ingredients in refrigerator for at least 8 hours, turning occasionally." 8 hours! If I marinated the roast for 8 hours and cooked it for 10 hours, we could eat dinner at about 3:00a.m. on Friday morning. Well, that wasn't going to work. So I put the roast and seasonings in a large Zip-Lock on Thursday evening and ordered us a pizza. (So much for Goal #2.)
Finally, after following all the directions and putting everything in the Crock Pot, my first roast was cooking early this morning! I checked on it throughout the day and could not wait to taste it! I also loved how yummy our house smelled all day :) Brandon got home from work, and I added the last few ingredients. We sat down to eat, and it was delicous!
**Please, no judgements on the pizza. I've been fighting a cold since Monday and had no energy to make anything else. And it's okay to indulge every now and then, right??

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!