Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Goals

2011 has come and gone, and I can't imagine how 2012 could go by any faster. We are more than ready to see what this year has to offer! Here are a few changes (I'm not calling them resolutions, becuase those usually don't last) we are making in 2012:

1. Become more active: In 2011 we spent WAY too much time sitting. Our goal is to find things we enjoy that allow us to move around and keep our bodies strong. **This includes Pirincess. We've noticed her cute belly getting a little bigger, so she will be doing more walking and less napping :)

2. Make healthier food choices: We are starting off slow with this one. Too many times we have tried to make drastic changes to our diets, and we have not been able to stick with it. So this time we are taking baby steps. Brandon has started by cutting out fried foods and decreasing his soda intake. Those of you who know him know that french fries and Dr. Pepper are his favorite, so this may be tough! Since I do the grocery shopping and most of the cooking, my goal is to buy and cook more fresh/less processed foods. **Healthy dinner ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Now I know that's only two, but I think it's a good start to the new year. I believe in making small, achievable goals, and once those are accomplished we will make new ones. If you're reading, I'm counting on you to hold us accountable!


-- Since I didn't blog about it, we had a great Christmas! Brandon had a week off, and we spent it in Yoakum with our families. I'm writing this blog from my new IPad that was NOT a Christmas gift from Brandon, because we agreed that we were NOT exchanging gifts this year. Thanks, B ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!