Friday, February 3, 2012

Austin Visit

A few weeks ago (yes, I know I'm behind) I went to Austin to spend the night with Michelle. I had heard about a memorial concert for a former patient of DCMC (read her story HERE), and as I was telling Michelle to go and take all of her friends she said, "Why don't you just come and go with me??" So I went!

Yes, all of our favorites were there :)

I drove to Austin the day of the concert, and I got there just in time for lunch. After dropping my bags off at Shell's apartment we walked over the The Drag. We enjoyed catching up over some Chipotle (which reminded me so much of campus lunch dates during college), and then spent the afternoon looking around in a few of the shops on The Drag. That's when we came across this:

Campus Candy Yogurt Bar, AKA Heaven
A brand new yogurt shop! And not just any self-serve yogurt shop. This place is a yogurt shop, candy store, and Cheesecake Factory dessert bar all rolled into one! Michelle literally had to drag me away from it. But don't worry..I made her go back! Let me give you a tour...

L-R: Candy wall, Yogurt topping bar, Frozen yogurt dispensers
Our bags of candy, Cheesecake Factory Red Velvet Cheesecake
and Cheesecake Factory Vanilla Bean mini-cupcake
This was such a fun way to end our afternoon! After giving ourselves tummy-aches, we got dressed and headed to the concert. We had such a good time! Just thinking about this night makes me smile :) I got to hang out with my sister, listen to some of our favorite Texas Country artists, and I got to see several of my friends from the hospital. It was a perfect night!

Curtis!  Michelle and I swear he made eye contact with us! Ha ;)

Such a fun atmosphere... They all sat on bar stools, guitars in hand,
and took turns singing acoustically.

Loxy and I-- She's seriously one of the most amazing people I know!
I could go on and on with stories of how she made our work days fun :)

Thanks for telling me to come!!


** I had the opportunity to witness Amberlynn's generosity first-hand on Christmas Eve 2010. I cannot explain in words the impact she had on patients and families who had to spend Christmas in the hospital. I will never forget that experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!