Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A lot has changed, but it's still the same...

I just had a wonderful visit with a friend.
We talked and sipped on green tea frappuccinos.

It was a good conversation.
A conversation we hadn't had in a while.
We talked about life, marriage, jobs, our husbands' jobs,
family, friends, houses, future houses,
new cities, previous cities, future kids,
and everything in between.

As I drove away I thought about how much had changed since I met this friend.

But then I thought about how much is the same.

We are still two girls sitting cross-legged,
sharing our hopes, dreams, and fears with one another.
Both thankful to have someone to listen,
 and understand exactly what you are saying.

And that is something that I hope will never change.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!