Thursday, September 6, 2012

Gardening Lesson #1

Before planting my garden I talked with my dad about the best way to get the soil ready. After several conversations I had a step-by-step plan, and Brandon agreed to help me.

We came home from church on Sunday {several weeks ago}, and Brandon went outside and got started.

I glanced out the window and noticed he was not doing it according to the plan. I rushed outside to stop him...

"B, my dad said that the first thing we need to do is..."

"Emily, what I'm going to do is just take off this top layer..."

"But B, my dad said that we should..."

"Emily, just trust me. This will work too."

And it did.


{After one week in the ground}


I am slowly learning that my dad's way isn't the only way.

2 comments:

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!