A few weeks ago Brandon and I drove to Rockport and ate at The Boiling Pot. I had never eaten crawfish before and had been dying to try it.
As we sat down the waitress explained "Everything here is spicy, and you peel it all yourself."
Okay, I like spicy.
She then covered the table with butcher paper, gave us a cup of crayons, and tied a bib around each of our necks. The kid in me wanted to color on the paper so badly. But when B said that we were going to be eating off of that paper, I decided against it. I don't like tasting crayon in my food.

I told B I wanted to have the whole experience, so we ordered a little of everything. After we finished our appetizer of beans and rice the waitress came and dumped a large pot of food on the table. We had crawfish, shrimp, crab, sausage, lobster, corn and potatoes.
Brandon said he was impressed that I ate it, since the seafood still had the eyes and tentacles. I just had to completely block it out of my mind, or it would have grossed me out.
The food was pretty good, and I'm glad I had the experience. But if I never get to eat it again?
That's okay with me.

yum! crawfish boils are so good, although i do prefer shrimp to crawfish! it's even better outside with a bunch of people around a picnic table!
ReplyDeleteOh man--that looks so amazing!! I love seafood boils (I'm with Emily, I prefer shrimp)!
ReplyDeleteYou are way braver than me. I don't think I could eat that, no matter good it is.
ReplyDelete