Monday, November 12, 2012

Why aren't you texting me back??

I didn't realize how much my new job would affect everyone around me until I started last week. Since then Brandon has had to cook dinner and go to the grocery store. My mom had to pick out her new glasses all by herself. And Michelle continues to think I'm mad at her, because I don't text her back within five minutes of her texting me. {I promise I'm not mad... I'm just working!}

But I think the one whose life has changed the most is Princess. She no longer gets belly rubs on demand twenty-four hours a day. We still haven't figured out what to do with her when we're both working. I tried leaving her in our bathroom today with lots of fluffy blankets and her burnt orange bed, but she not so subtly let me know she did not enjoy it.


When I opened the door she ran out as fast as she possibly could and followed me around for the rest of the night to make sure I didn't leave her again. I'm still not sure what to do.

As for me, I think I've adjusted well so far. One of the things I struggled with at my old job was taking care of myself. Now that I've found so many things I enjoy outside of work, I have just been trying to find a healthy balance. Last week I easily fit in everything that I wanted to do, and I didn't feel overly tired until the weekend.

I'll start my new hours the last week of November, so that will require more adjusting. But I am aware of what I need to do to keep myself healthy. And now that I know that, I can make better choices from the beginning.

And to my faithful readers {all five of you, ha!}: I refuse to let work get in the way of my blog. That being said, I now have a lot less time to blog. Because I take pride in the quality of my writing, I am not going to start posting poorly written posts just to get in more posts. In other words, I'm going for quality not quantity. Kapeesh? I knew you'd understand!

I hope you all had a fantastic Monday! I'll keep you updated on our dilemma with P...

1 comment:

  1. Kapeesh :D Poor Princess--seriously no more 24-7 belly rubs?? So deprived lol. Glad you're enjoying your job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!