September
I did a lot of work in my garden, and I not only learned the basics of gardening, but a little about marriage as well. I had my first crawfish eating experience, which was probably a one-time thing. And at the end of the month we went to Angie and Logan's wedding. September was full of fun, firsts, and memories.
October
October was possibly the best month of the year. It started with Princess's birthday, and it was crazy to think that she'd been a part of our family for ten whole years. To celebrate we let her eat a few extra pieces of ham, her favorite. Next on the calendar was Michelle's birthday. Her twenty-first. It was one of those weekends that made me smile every time I thought about it. And just when I thought I couldn't possibly laugh anymore, we spent OU weekend in Dallas. The conversations during that weekend and the night at the piano bar kept up laughing 'till our stomachs hurt. The actual football game, not so much.
The week in between Shell's birthday and OU weekend was pretty tough. It marked ten years since MaMaw had died, and I found myself overcome with sadness. I was grateful for all the memories we had with her, but I wished that she could have been with us longer.
At the end of the month I interviewed for and accepted a child life position here in Corpus. After months of waiting, it felt so good to be back!
November
In November I started my new job, and we celebrated both of our birthdays {Brandon's and mine}.
On my birthday my parents brought PaPaw down to Corpus. It was the first time he'd been to our house, and it was definitely a day we'll never forget. Since Michelle wasn't able to come that day, she stopped by a week later for a late birthday lunch. I {along with the rest of my family} spent the rest of the month adjusting to my new schedule, and before we knew it we were celebrating Thanksgiving and Brandon's birthday. November seemed to go by so quickly!
December
At the beginning of December I began to see all of the challenges I faced at work. There were days that seemed overwhelming and frustrating, but my family and friends helped me to see the bigger picture. I did the Color Me Rad 5k with my sister in Austin, which turned out to be such a fun weekend. We also celebrated our two year wedding anniversary, and it was the second year in a row that Brandon had to be in Oklahoma for work. {I told him he was going to owe me something really special by the fifth!}
After spending a week at home with what felt like the flu we headed to Yoakum to celebrate Christmas with our families.
The last few days of 2012 were spent at our home in Corpus, relaxing and making the most of our time together, and on the very last day of the year Brandon went in to work and was offered a new position. We were finally finished with the year-and-a-half long training program! What a relief! {On New Year's Eve I also found actual tomatoes growing on my tomato plants. Crazy, right?} We ended 2012 feeling very blessed, and we could not wait to see what 2013 had in store for us next.
~~~~~
Who knew looking back on an entire year of your life would be so therapeutic?





Aww such a great year you had :D It will be so fun for us to look back on later in life!
ReplyDelete