Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday Topics: Memories

{via}

Getting Engaged
I will never forget the night we got engaged. It was December 8th, 2009. We were in the middle of finals week, and I went to Brandon's house for what I thought was a night of studying. When I got there he had our dinner, spaghetti and salad, set up in the living room. It was amazing! I suspected nothing, because Brandon had always done things like this. After we I ate {he was so nervous he didn't even touch his food} he asked me to dance, and after the song was over he got down on one knee. The rest was a blur, but I do remember hearing the words "Will you marry me?" And I responded, "Are you serious?" {How unromantic of me!} I was just so surprised! Of course when I realized I wasn't dreaming I said "Yes!" We spent the rest of the evening calling our family and closest friends, and later that week I sent my professor an email explaining the lack of effort that was put into my take-home final. 
No worries.. She congratulated me and gave me just enough credit to keep my 'A'. 



Getting Married
You can read all about our wedding day here



Winning Cheer Nationals
I did competitive cheerleading for about eight years, and when I was a senior in high school my team won at nationals. Most of us had been cheering together for years, and winning nationals had always been our goal. I will never forget the feeling we had when we finished our routine. The energy we had was unbelievable, because we knew we had nailed it! I'm getting chills just thinking about it! 




Getting Princess
My parents surprised me when I was a freshman in high school and took me to pick out a puppy. I'll share more of this story in another post, but I came home that night with Princess. 



Our First Texas Football Game
I think I was in the third or fourth grade, and my parents took Michelle and I to our first football game at DKR. I remember Ricky Williams was playing then, and Michelle was in love with him. {She would run around the house singing, "Oh, Ricky you're so fine..."} Throughout the game my dad taught us all the Texas traditions. We yelled "Texas Fight" for the first time and sang every verse of "The Eyes of Texas". I even ate my first foot-long hot dog! {Michelle had one too, but she dropped hers.} From that day on we were Hooked


Graduation: The University of Texas
My graduation weekend was absolutely perfect! My family and closest friends came to Austin, and we had a great time celebrating. On Friday Brandon and my friend, Kayla, graduated, and after their ceremony we went to Pappasito's to eat fajitas. My college's ceremony was Saturday morning at The Erwin Center, and  after it was over we headed to Maudie's {my favorite!} for brunch. That night was the final ceremony at The Tower. Gathering with the entire class of 2010 to sing "The Eyes of Texas" one last time was something I'll never forget. It was such a memorable weekend!



~~~

I had a really hard time choosing only six memories! I would have loved to mention our family trips to Georgia, my senior football season at Texas, and my first rock climbing experience. Thanks so much for reading, friends!

P.S. I typed this really quickly, so I apologize for any mistakes!

4 comments:

  1. It was hard to only choose six! Great memories! Love that the teacher was so understanding! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've loved reading about people's memories today! i'm pretty sure my first thought after tj asked me to marry him, was "are you serious?" too! i just couldn't believe it was actually happening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet memories :) That's awesome you guys won Nationals! And oh man are you a Texas girl or what ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! I love your baby dog!

    And your wedding pic is gorgeous!

    Visiting from Tuesday Topics!

    www.mommacandy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!