It's time we had a heart-to-heart talk about marriage, what it's really like. As much as I love sharing all of our happiest moments with you, I also think it's important to be honest, to tell you that marriage is tough and that ours isn't perfect.
After two years I've learned that marriage has seasons, good and bad, and right now we happen to be in a really good season. We've faced a few challenges along the way, but we've learned so much from those experiences.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that our lives aren't perfect, we aren't perfect. We argue and fight and both act selfish at times, but at the end of each day we remind ourselves that we're a team. We're in this together. For better or worse, remember?
I know that life isn't a fairy tale and that there are going to be difficult days ahead, but I'm okay with that. As long as we both try everyday to be the best husband and wife we can be, I'm okay with that.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that our lives aren't perfect, we aren't perfect. We argue and fight and both act selfish at times, but at the end of each day we remind ourselves that we're a team. We're in this together. For better or worse, remember?
I know that life isn't a fairy tale and that there are going to be difficult days ahead, but I'm okay with that. As long as we both try everyday to be the best husband and wife we can be, I'm okay with that.


And amen to that! I'm part of an imperfect marriage as well and I couldn't be more proud of it.
ReplyDeleteI found you from the women connect hop and I absolutely love this post!
ReplyDeleteFound you via FMTM. Marriage is definitely about seasons! Doesn't it feel so good to face an obstacle together and come out on top?
ReplyDeleteXo,
b
Brooklynstateofmindblog.blogspot.com
Found you on Becky's link up! So happy that I did. I love this post! You're so inspiring! xo
ReplyDeleteAlissa
beautyandthebilyeus.blogspot.com
Amen girlie! Ill take perfectly imperfect any day as well too! Very well written!
ReplyDeleteVery true! I think we all get caught up in the fairy-tale idea of marriage and then some are surprised when it's not that everyday.
ReplyDeleteStopped by from Becky's link up!
AMEN!
ReplyDelete