Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday Topics: What you don't know

What you don't know {if you only know me via blog world} is that my family went on a private tour of the West Wing of the White House. We stood in the doorway of the Oval Office and sat in the President's chair at the breakfast table. 

{On the lawn in front of the West Wing, one of the few places we were allowed to take pictures.
Sidenote: Welcome to my awkward stage.}




What you don't know is that I was Little Miss Yoakum when I was seven years old.


Yes, pageant winners wore red lace-up boots and leather sashes. Only in Yoakum...

{A typical Saturday morning for Yoakum's royalty.}




What you don't know is that I took clogging as a kid. I'll be honest, I was one of the best cloggers out there. But when it was time for the ballet routine, I was always in the back. 

{Performing in downtown Yoakum at Land of Leather Days}




What you don't know is that I'd like to go back to school one day and become a play therapist. The longer I work as a child life specialist the more I realize that play therapy is what I really want to do. 





Happy Tuesday, friends!



{I'm linking up here today.}




6 comments:

  1. wow,neat things about you! clogging sounds unique!

    happy tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get to tour that part of the White House? That's really cool. I got to go on a regular tour and it was disappointing. You get rushed through and you don't get to see much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in Play Therapy too! I'm a peds SLP so play is a big part of my job already, but it sounds really fun and interesting! Enjoyed the Fun facts about you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool about touring the white house! who was the president at the time? haha didn't advance into pageant life I take it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! I'm loving all the throwback pics! You little clogger! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you wearing the butterfly clips in that first picture?? Oh man...those bring back so many memories of what I used to do with my hair.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Reading them truly makes my day!