I have now made these yummy strawberries for two different wedding showers, and each time I received numerous compliments and requests for the recipe. Enjoy!
Stuffed Strawberries
Ingredients:
20 whole, large strawberries
8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar (add more for sweeter filling)
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2/3 cup chopped pecans
Directions:
1. Cut a thin slice from the bottom {skinny end} of each berry. This helps them to stand upright.
2. Cut a thin slice from top of each berry to remove the leafy part.
3. Use strawberry corer to remove the middle of each berry. {Mine is from Bed Bath & Beyond.}
4. Mix all ingredients {except strawberries, obviously} and place mixture in either a Ziploc or other plastic pastry/icing bag.
5. Cut the tip off the bag, and squeeze mixture into strawberries.
6. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve!
**If you want to make these for your family/friends but don't want to go to the trouble of taking the middles of the berries out, feel free to make the filling and simply dip the strawberries as you eat them. It tastes just as good... Trust me ;)




I nominated you for a bloggy award :) I'll have to try to make those strawberries--they look delicious!
ReplyDeleteThose look really good--although I think I'd probably just try the strawberries + dip version. I learned something new though--I've never heard of a strawberry corer before now! They have utensils for everything nowadays.
ReplyDelete